Miark mused:

> I tried a "rmmod usbscanner" but it responds that there isn't one.
> And
> I dunno what to do in the hotplug directory. Somebody suggested
> that I
> add usbscanner to the blacklist file, but that didn't make any
> difference.
> VMware says nothing more than "See your Linux distribution's
> documentation"
> which is no help at all.
>
> Miark

Ok, I tried running through my vmware setup to see if I could use
my scanner; I canīt.  I canīt even see my usb devices.  This isnīt
a problem for me since I can use a shared folder.  However, I
tried looking through the link I sent you and found that vmware
looks for the scanner in /proc/bus/usb.  I looked in that dir on
my system and found nothing there; yet my scanner still works.  My
next thought was Ļok, where is it?Ļ  I looked around and didnīt
find anything that I thought would work.  Thatīs really a moot
point though, since in reading the vmware docs, they say that you
can modify the path by going to īedit > virtual machine settings >
USBī and changing the path in īPath to usbdevfsī field.  That
wasnīt available on my setup.
I would suggest at this point that maybe you start bugging vmware
people and asking where this setting is if it really exists and
maybe someone else could enlighten us on where īPath to usbdevfsī
exists on mdk?

--
Michael Holt
Snohomish, WA                      (o_