On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Mike <hiji...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can run a ssh-agent with your key loaded in it.. and that will just
> prompt you for the passpharse when you load the agent. Then each ssh using
> that key won't prompt you

Correct, but that only works locally right now: no SSH agent
forwarding in Paramiko means we can't forward an unlocked
key/passphrase to the remote system; and no interactivity remotely
means no passphrase entry on the remote end.

As mentioned I can attempt to address the latter problem in Fabric,
and eventually I hope to submit a patch to Paramiko (or, less
desirable, monkeypatch it in Fabric) to fix the former, since agent
forwarding is quite useful overall.

-Jeff

--
Jeff Forcier