Oh--ok.  So I could tack on a "0 >" (minus the quotes of course) at
the end and that'd work out.  In fact that's exactly what I want. :)

Yes, you can automate data entry into a website with Selenium.
They've got bindings for C#, Java, Python and a few other languages.
I was hoping that maybe someone had started an FFI for Factor because
I'm really digging what I see in Factor so far. :)

--
Onorio

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 11:46 AM, Alexander Ilin <ajs...@yandex.ru> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> 24.10.2016, 18:27, "Onorio Catenacci" <catena...@ieee.org>:
>
> Thanks for the suggestion Александр! Oddly enough when I enter that
> string into the Repl on Windows 7 I get 641. I tried breaking up the
> command sequence over two lines (breaking at the ";") and the result
> is the same.
>
> The entire output of "whoami /groups" (taken as one string) is searched for
> the substring "Administrators".
> 641 is the index of the start of that substring for you.
> For me it returns `f`, because I'm not an admin on my system.
> Basically, anything other than `f` is the "true" return value, as per Factor
> convention.
> The script returns the answer to the question: "Am I an admin?"
>
> It's not 100% bulletproof, I just came up with it in 5 minutes. YMMV. But it
> should work for typical English-language Windows.
>
> In case anyone else is unfamiliar with Selenium:
> http://docs.seleniumhq.org/ Selenium is basically a tool for driving
> a browser in an automated fashion. I use Selenium to enable automated
> regression testing of our web apps.
>

> I have a web app with horrid UI, which I'm forced to use at work for time
> reporting (Personec, for those who know).
> I'm looking for a way to customize it to allow more friendly, possibly even
> automated data entry.
> Could Selenium help me?

Onorio Catenacci

http://onor.io