Share Long:
> ...how can you really tell

The universe is spinning out of control - if it
wasn't then there would be stasis, no movement and
no life. If it is spinning and under control, then
under the control of what or who? An intelligent
agent?

But, are things really moving or spinning?

According to my Professor, A.J. Bahm, there are
six statements that summarize the realist view:

1. Objects which are known exist independently of
their being known.

2. Objects have qualities or properties, which are
parts of the objects.

3. Objects are not affected merely by being known.

4. Objects seem as they are and are as they seem.

5. Objects are known directly.

6. Objects are public.

If appearances derived through one sensory channel
appear contradictory, it is natural to appeal to other
senses for corroboration. When they contradict, which
sense shall we accept as reliable? If we observe the
realist closely, we will find that at some times he
relies principally on his eyes and, at other times, on
his ears. When different senses corroborate an error,
we are still more baffled.