I've lived through carpet bombing.  It was called saturation bombing back then.
I was using the term as a synecdoche.  a

authfriend <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                               --- In
FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Angela Mailander
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 > Iran is also China's major source of oil.  Would they sit on their
 hands while we carpet bomb their oil wells? a

 Um. If what the U.S. wants is Iran's oil, we're not
 really too likely to bomb the wells, don't you think?

 Much less "carpet"-bomb them. I think you may have
 picked up that phrase without knowing what it really
 refers to, just because it sounds satisfyingly brutal.
 Might want to look it up.

  • ... MDixon6569
    • ... Bhairitu
      • ... Robert Gimbel
        • ... Samadhi Is Much Closer Than You Think -- Really! -- It's A No-Brainer. Who'd've Thunk It?
          • ... bob_brigante
          • ... bob_brigante
          • ... Duveyoung
            • ... Angela Mailander