--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Angela Mailander
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've lived through carpet bombing.  It was called saturation
bombing back then. I was using the term as a synecdoche.  a

Nice try, no cigar.

Doesn't matter what it's called, you wouldn't
use that kind of bombing on oil wells. (You
wouldn't use it much at all these days.)

And I notice you "forgot" to address the
absurdity of the U.S. bombing Iran's oil wells,
even using the appropriate type of bombing.

Oh, and you weren't "using the term as a
synecdoche," either. Might want to look that
up too.

While I'm at it, it's "cui bono," not "Qui Bono."
Even without the inappropriate caps, "qui bono"
is what's known as Dog Latin.

And "its" as a possessive never, EVER has an
apostrophe.

Congratulations, though, on learning how to
spell "dumb."

> authfriend <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                               --- In
FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Angela Mailander
>  <mailander111@> wrote:
>  >
>  > Iran is also China's major source of oil.  Would they sit on
their
>  hands while we carpet bomb their oil wells? a
>
>  Um. If what the U.S. wants is Iran's oil, we're not
>  really too likely to bomb the wells, don't you think?
>
>  Much less "carpet"-bomb them. I think you may have
>  picked up that phrase without knowing what it really
>  refers to, just because it sounds satisfyingly brutal.
>  Might want to look it up.
>

>  Send instant messages to your online friends
http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

  • ... MDixon6569
    • ... Bhairitu
      • ... Robert Gimbel
        • ... Samadhi Is Much Closer Than You Think -- Really! -- It's A No-Brainer. Who'd've Thunk It?
          • ... bob_brigante
          • ... bob_brigante
          • ... Duveyoung
            • ... Angela Mailander