From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Vaj
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 12:47 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Shadow of the Guru

So do you think any of this may legitimize what MMY allegedly was doing?

Not from what we know. It's my understanding, rather than having any sort of
yogic control over his body, he was a 'Johnny cum quickly' kinda guy (at
least that's what I remember hearing). However in Mahesh's favor is the fact
that most practicing tantrics, at that level, will still not admit in public
to anything and still put on the ruse that they're are celibate. Of course,
if they've perfected urdharetas, they are technically celibate in a manner.
Mahesh seems to have known very little about yoga and tantra, in fact his
former secretaries point to his being "coached" and a tendency to 'make it
up as he went a long'.

Two masters who were involved in sex scandals, Muktananda and Swami Rama,
both had knowledge of urdharetas. Kalu Rinpoche also was a celibate
practitioner at that level who took an English woman as his mudra. It was
only after his death when the women wrote an expose that it was revealed.
For Buddhist tantric yogis it is an important practice, as there are only
two places that the Clear Light can be clearly experienced: the moment of
death and in sexual yoga.

MMY talked about urdharetas in his commentary on the Gita, but of course
that doesn’t mean he had mastered it.

__._,_.__

Checked by AVG.
8:12 AM