I've never been impressed by Randi as I found his "research" often just to be a "magic trick" itself. I was even less impressed after seeing the documentary. I noticed that as a kid he was already cocky and narcissistic and this whole shtick has been to make himself look smarter than others. I also noticed that through his career he seemed to avoid the field of Indian philosophy and yoga.

Sure there are charlatans out there but there is also whole fields of applied physics not yet understood.