--And you live where? New Delhi?  Please explain why you believe
these people are Enlightened.  Did they make a claim to this? (which
would be OK, if so that could simply be a factual statement; or it
could be am empty boast). Do these individuals practice TM? If so,
then at least temporarily, they had a Guru!.

- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bronte Baxter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Gordon Grobelny, Loralin Tomlin, Krista Fisher, Mary Kaminski,
Richard Spang ... these are just off the top of my head, people
living within 15 miles of me.

> [...]
in
> the 70's commenting on MMY. His conclusion was that what MMY had to
> offer was of no value because (in Ram Dass's opinion), he seemed to
> be "attached" to money. So what, even if this were true (actually,
> from a Spiritual perspective this would be impossible - a topic
> covered recently; the outer exhibition is another story reserved
for
> later discussion). But what does this have to do with TM as a
> technique?. So, in a relative sense nobody's perfect. See the
> benefits in anything/everything, and discard what's useless.
> So, you believe that people can get Enlightened without a Guru. OK,
> name one such person. That's your challenge for today.
>
> - In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bronte Baxter <brontebaxter8@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Bronte:
> > My friend, what should I call you? I can't pronounce your web
> name -- so, "friend": Thanks for this observation, and I agree:
> learning to play an instrument is often easier with a teacher, but
> not always. And teachers are not essential, although most gurus
will
> tell you that they are. It's one thing to say "I'm a great real
> estate agent and will help you sell your house if you like" versus
> saying "You will never sell your house without my help, you poor
> miserable schlep." The latter being analogous to most gurus are
> saying. And I'll continue to gripe about that kind of manipulation.
> >

> > --So which approach is easier, with, or without a teacher? (in
> > generaly, don't talk about isolated exceptions). In advance,
let's
> take
> > care of one exception: HWL Poonja. He states that in his last
> > incarnation (prior to being "HWL Poonja"...died in the 90's), he
> was an
> > advanced Krishna-bhakti Yogi. Then as Poonja in the course of his
> > travels as an engineer, he happens to get an urge to visit Ramana
> > Maharshi in his cave. Poonja tells RM about his many visions of
> > Krishna, and RM asks, "Are you having a vision right now?". Then
> after
> > a few more leading questions RM in essence tells Poonja
> he's "already"
> > Enlightened. Poonja "got it" and became Enlightened on the spot.
> > But then, RM was a teacher, wasn't he?
> >
> > In FairfieldLife@ yahoogroups. com, Bronte Baxter
> <brontebaxter8@ ...>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > ---Sure, one can get Enlightened without a Guru; likewise, one
> can
> > > learn how to play the violin without a teacher. (as Borak would
> > > say...."NOT" !).
> > >

> > > Bronte:
> > > Curious, I know lots of people who've taught themselves musical
> > instruments.

> > Yahoo! oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not

Yahoo! FareChase.