Linguistically speaking, any coined word by the
academies will be used after a while IFF it is
accepted by the majority of the native speakers
(mainly avAm). This period can be one day to 50 years.
The 2nd Persian academy (Rezakhan era) coined
"dAneshgAh" for the word "yuniversite" and it was
accepted years after its coinage. However, there was a
lot of coined words were never accepted like "yakh
sori" for "ice-skating". I still doubt if everybody
(mainly avAm) is comfortable with "rAyAneh" and time
will prove it.
It doesn't mean that the academy shouldn't do anything
but in its correct way i.e. coining words firstly for
the very new words like "Tokomak" which has not yet
been publicly used and after gaining the control over
stuff like this reviewing old borrowed words.
Any way, there is a lot of argument on these issues
and it needs professional discussions.

Peyman