On 12/23/2009 10:27 PM, birger wrote:
I have 3 kids with guitars. I have a keyboard somewhere. I need to
learn how to set up the software for them :-D Move over Jonas
Brothers... The future is getting ready.

You mightn't think so, but even 'beginners' can be good documentation
writers. Put down what steps it takes, and how it differs from earlier
material (that you reference). The fact that it's written by a beginner
could help it to be more easily used by other beginners...

The wiki suggestion is good. I think the key is to try to write fairly
short, task specific wiki pages, and then some fedoraproject
process/tools can convert the individual pages into a spruced up,
conforming document. See the Fedora 12 user guide [1], or pdf [2], and
the source for that eg [3].

I think that you do need to sign a contributor license agreement before
you can edit the fedoraproject wiki. This basically says that you won't post copyrighted material, and that you are making your contribution available as open content.

One limitation of using fedora's wiki is you might not be able to
directly link to troublesome, out of fedora, sites or packages.

A first step would be to develop a table of contents in the wiki, to try
to break the installation of audio tools into specific areas, and then
break those tasks down into smaller tasks. eg. Working with MIDI and so on.

[1]
<http://docs.fedoraproject.org/user-guide/f12/en-US/html/sect-User_Guide-Managing_software-Advanced_Yum.html>
[2] <http://docs.fedoraproject.org/>
[3] <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User_Guide_-_Managing_Software>