It's really hard to find a good vet. I think I found one just recently.
Samantha was diagnosed with stomatitis. But none of the vets suspected
feline leukemia. They just explained that her gums are allergic to her
teeth. That explanation never made much sense to me. I recently read
that there is hope for feline pos cats. I have very little experience
with that disease. I always thought it was highly contagious and the cat
had to be put down. This vet said that is not  the case. I guessm we
learn something new every day.

Nancy Schneider
Management Analyst
Dept of Transportation
12544 Saticoy St
N Hollywood 91605
Voice(818) 756-9558
Fax (818) 756-9245

>>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 10/25/06 11:23 AM >>>

Sounds like she has gingivitis and could have stomatitis.  Clindamycin
is an
antibiotic that often helps with gingivitis.  My cat Patches stopped
eating
for a day or two because of inflamed gums and a five day course of
Clindamycin cleared it up enough for her to feel and act ok again. If
it is  stomatitis,
there are various things that seem to help, from steroids to  suppress
the
symptoms to particular immune supports.

The weight loss could be just from her gums hurting, or it could be
from
something else that she needs treatment for. Do you have a good vet?

Michelle

In a message dated 10/25/2006 12:53:50 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,