-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nancy
Schneider
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 3:20 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: RE: Samantha has feline leukemia

Samantha is two years old. The other cats are about the same age. They
are all rescues. The rescue group said that all the cats tested negative
for FIP and Feline leukemia.They are all vaccinated. Maybe that is why
none of the others show signs of the disease. Samantha was the
exception. When I first took her in she had red gums and horrible
breath. I was told she probably has an allergy to her gums. Whatever
that means. I think that the rescue group was clueless about her
condition as well.All my cats are indoor. Only the dogs go out.

Nancy Schneider
Management Analyst
Dept of Transportation
12544 Saticoy St
N Hollywood 91605
Voice(818) 756-9558
Fax (818) 756-9245

>>> "Rosenfeldt, Diane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 10/25/06 12:56 PM >>>
Other questions might be:
Is she positive for both tests?  How old is she?  How old are the
other
cats?  Any health issues with them that would preclude vaccination?
Have they been tested recently?  Is she strictly indoor cat, or
indoor/outdoor?  What about the others?  Any signs of sickness other
than those related to sore gums?  When she was diagnosed, did vet want
to pts?

Diane R.  <-- learned at the feet of experts