I basically do the same thing.  Clean one box and wash a day.  5 boxes.  Dr.
Elsey's is expensive here.  I use arm and hammer or something on sale at
walmart.....  Litter is expensive.  :(

laurieskatz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          Dr. Elseys' Ultra Precious Cats. I fill 2 boxes from one 40lb bag. I
have 6 boxes for 5 cats. I scoop 3 or more times a day. Dump each box and wash
with soap and water and refill with fresh litter once a week. I wash a box a
day (take Sunday off) so kittys always have one fresh box. I have 3 boxes in
each of 2 locations (3 on second floor and 3 on main floor)..  I use the high
back boxes from Drs. Foster Smith. I don't buy the covers, just the boxes. If
they are more zealously using on box, I may have to add litter part way through
the week.
  Laurie