Hi all,
A few years ago some of you older members may remember Ling.
As he is no longer with me as he had passed on to the  bridge.

For you newer members.
I took in a male Siamese that was 19 yrs old that had the same  thing.
All of his claws on his front paws were in the flesh.
So he the had surgery done ASAP immediately right  there.

When I got him I had noticed he was walking funny. Then I look at  his paws
thought to
myself "Oh My God" there was no way I could do  anything.
I can't imagine the pain he was in. Poor old  fella.....
I have to tell you though when it was done he was like a kitten  again
shortly after surgery.
I end up losing him after a year to kidney failure but at least he  had some
happiness and medical care from me that he wouldn't have gotten  elsewhere.

Well I won't be taking Snowy in for spaying this  coming week.  I went to
clip her nails tonight and noticed that there was a  big lump on her right paw.

When I touched it she meowed so I got her into  the emergency vet.  They told
me I did nothing wrong that this had happened  to her over a very long period
of time.  Her nail had grown into her skin,  along with hair and they had to
put her under and remove it.  It had grown  far into her pad and couldn't be
removed easily.  I don't get this.   She had seen 2 vets prior to our getting
her and no one noticed this.  Now  the poor little thing has to be on
antibiotics (Clindamycin) and wear one of  those horrible hood things so she
won't lick
her paw.  She had a piece  taken out of it and cauterized.  I am so sorry for
what this poor little  dear has been through in her short life.  I just hope
all this trauma  doesn't cause her herpes virus to resurface.  The first thing
the vet did  when we got her there was to squirt eye wash into her eyes and
she got all  upset.  I kind of yelled at him for doing that and asked why.  He
said  she looks like she has allergies and I said "she's a persian their eyes
tear".  Fortunately there was a very knowledgeable technician present who
seemed to know a lot more than this guy did.

Lynne

TAZZY'S ANIMAL TRANSPORTS
SIAMESE & COLLIE RESCUE
_http://tazzys.org/_ (http://tazzys.org/index.html)