Right and that wasn't an issue with me really.  I had told my mom that I would
practically do anything to have a machine that kept Monkee alive- a Monkee head
on top of a machine!  That is what I said-- I know, morbid, but we always joke
in bad times.  So, a 3 legged Monkee- well, both he and I would have been fine
with that!  The doc was worried that she would eventually have to take the leg
if they didn't remove the tumor, but I don't think it would have ever come to
that.  He never would have made it that long for the tumor to compromise the
leg.  He was already so systemically compromised.  We found what appeared to be
lymph tumors in his belly shortly after the surgery.  We did the blood
transfusion, but doc said she wouldn't reccommend doing a 2nd in him b/c of the
tumors developing in the belly/groin (and I couldn't bare another transfusion
at that point- the psychological effect of the transfusion on both of us was
too much).
ck > Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 13:39:01 -0700> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] chemotherapy?> >
Caroline,> I'm really sorry that Monkee had such a difficult time, I also >
believe we are all here for a given time and once it is our time to go, > we
go.> > It is my understanding anytime there is a tumor on a limb, the limb >
should be amputated, this in almost all cases along with chemo and > sometimes
even without chemo will get completely rid of the cancer if it > hasn't already
spread. Some people feel a cat will not do well with a > limb gone but all the
people I have talked to that have had this > experience say their cats adjusted
very well and very quickly. Me > personally if it means any of my furkids
having three legs or being > dead, they will be tree-legged, as I would be
given the same choice.> > -- > > Belinda> happiness is being owned by cats ...>