From: Adrienne Statfeld <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 10:39:44 AM
Subject: [Felvtalk] chemotherapy?

Hello.  My beloved Emma is 5 ½ years old.  Two years ago she was diagnosed
as being FeLV+.

I don’t know how this happened.  I raised Emma and her sisters from the time
they were about two days old.

Her sisters are negative, as are my other cats, despite the fact that they
have all lived together as indoor only cats, and have groomed each other,
and shared bowls, litter boxes, and dishes.  Emma tested negative for FeLV
as a kitten.  She has never been outside except in a carrier.

Yesterday, I got the news that Emma has Lymphoma.  I’ve started her on
Prednisone, and the doctor is recommending chemotherapy.  The doctor
estimated an 8 to 10 month survival rate for cats with Lymphoma who go
through chemotherapy, but couldn’t give me any idea of the prognosis for a
cat who has FeLV.

Any opinion about chemotherapy for an FeLV+ cat with Lymphoma?  I’m
heartbroken and I don’t want to do anything to prolong my beautiful girl’s
suffering.

Thank you.

Adrienne