From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of stargazer 12
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 3:38 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] introduction for Spicey

A very good friend passed away & her family didn't want the cat. Spicey has
feline leukemia going on 2 years.  I took the cat in & have him in a spare
room away from my cats. He has been on clavamox for about 1 yr per my
friend.  I am waiting on the vet to call to find out all the specifics. Is
there any special food/vitamins/drugs to help? I know nothing of this
disease. I have been during research & says the cat should not be stressed.
Unfortunately, Spicey has been stressed as his owner was in the hospital
since last Tuesday. A neighbor was feeding him but he was hiding under the
couch as he is very timid. And now he is in a strange place, so he has to be
very stressed. It has been 3 hours & he has not come out of his carrier, I
do not know if he will be friendly with me but he has not hissed at all. I
think I maybe taking on too much but in a small way I feel like I am keeping
my friend alive too.

Any ideas/suggestions/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joyce & Spicey