PETA does not object to people having pets (owned pet kept inside).
They object to people feeding strays or ferals.  They round up all
the strays and ferals they can and euthanize them. They also take
cats from animal shelters and euthanize them.

How absolutely infuriating that they ignored your e-mail and had
the audacity to request a donation!