All of your messages touched my heart and brought tears, as I see that there are so many other caring, loving people out there.

I buried her and put the name 'Lovey' (as I had never had a cat named that) in marker on plastic over her before I filled her grave...Thanks, she deserved a name. 'Edith' my 18 year old grey and tan calico sat along side as I buried her. (She had come up on the porch when I found the kitten and was keeping her company until I found her.)

Please don't condemn anyone for this kitten's situation, because someone cared enough to bring her to me to try to help her. We live in a rural area that has hit 17.9% unemployment in this economy and has over a 30% poverty rate. I do a lot of free emergency work for horses, cats, and dogs and whoever it was at least knew that I would try to save her. I just wish they would have brought her sooner or left me a note telling me how and when the trauma to her head had occurred (animal attack, vehicle, abuse, etc.) It would have given me an advantage in successful treatment.

Again, thank you all so much for your kind words (they eased my pain) and caring so deeply for the wellbeing of the animals.

My sincere thanks,

Karen