Yes, my Portia came back to me (I had fostered her when she was trapped &
pregnant)...she was part of a group of 20 cats dumped behind a local library
when her human was evicted/foreclosed on...she was in pathetic shape and we
were unsure any of her kittens would survive.  Long story short, I was with her
when she delivered three precious little bundles....who eventually went up for
adoption.  Portia was deemed "unadoptable" because she was terrified of humans
and would lash out at anyone who violated her "personal space"....so she was
sent by the rescue group to a "sanctuary" in South FL.....that I was assured
was "wonderful"....imagine my horror a month later when said sanctuary was
raided and shut down by law enforcement....unsanitary, no medical care,
experimentations....ugh.  I immediately contacted the group that sent her there
and told them I was going to the place the next day and they had BETTER have
contacted them to arrange for me to take her back.
During her month in that "sanctuary" she had lost another pound (she was
underweight to begin with), had a broken canine and respiratory infection, and
was even more traumatized than when I had first taken her in.
She has been with me now just a little under a year since that day....and
actually allows me to pet her now.  She was NOT unadoptable...she just needed
to find a home that had a bit of patience...I now consider her one of MY
cats...but worry about her if something happens to me.  I am only 56...but you
never know how long your time on earth will be.  I am busy trying to set my
affairs in order that I will be able to provide for my 10 "babies" if I should
die before them.....I wish there were a sanctuary similar to Rustic Hollow here
in Florida....or that I could win the lottery and start my OWN sanctuary!

Debbie
~ When the world says, "Give up," hope whispers, "Try it one more time" ~