That's what my vets said re ticks too. However, I refer you to the $1 K + spent on Red because of a tick that should have been dead at the end of a cold December in KY. And, worse, to the pain the cat must have been in before he was captured for neutering and panic he must have felt at the vets for weeks then in the garage for weeks....By the way, Red is doing fine. On Jun 2, 2011, at 9:01 PM, <dlg...@windstream.net> <dlg...@windstream.net > wrote:

This is he first I have heard of it. Have been usng Revolution since it covers heartworm and fleas. I live on a bluff right oer the river and we do have a lot of moquitos. We also seem to have more cases of heartworm in or county. He said cats usully keep themselves free of ticks. I check them out anyway every time they go out. I don't use it during the winter as they usually do not go out then because of rain and snow. I don't liketo use chemicals on them any more than necessary. I have never had any infestations of fleas in the house.

---- Lorrie <felineres...@frontier.com> wrote:

  Have any of you used Pet Armor? It is supposed to be the exact same
  thing as Frontline Plus - Fipronil and S Methoprene - The Pet Armor
  site claims it is a generic for Frontline, and it is much cheaper.
I'm seeing it advertised in all sorts of places now, so if any of you have used it and find that it works and is not harmful, please let me
  know.

  Lorrie