  From: Gloria B. Lane<mailto:gbl...@aristotle.net>
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org<mailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
  Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 2:42 PM
  Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Update/MY CAT NEEDS HOME WITH FELV

  Same here.  When I first got an FELV cat, I was paranoid. But that was in
2001. Many of us don't think it's as contagious as is presented.  I've mixed
mine with my others for several years, no problem.  All mine are altered and
sit around and eat and sleep.

  Some of what I've learned is    1) they may live a long time, may not,   2)
they're not that contagious,  3) double positives (FIV/FELV) don't live as
long,    4) If they're born with FELV they tend to die at 2.5-3 yrs old,
5) interferon and stuff like that are worth a try.  Oh yeah, and always
questions your vets advice   :)

  Gloria