> Vicky,

I can't tell you much about the FIP, but as for the FELV, I can tell you
the most important thing you can do for them is give them a good
species-appropriate diet. I recommend a homemade or commercial raw diet. My
felv+ (Abbey) has been on it for over 3 years and is doing remarkably well.
She was dying when I got her as a stray. All her symptoms practically
disappeared when I started feeding her the raw diet -- it was nothing short
of amazing.  I also supplement her diet with 250mg of l-lysine in her food
daily, and I also give her 1/2 capsule of Transfer Factor tri-factor Plus
everyday. I may be just one of the lucky ones, but I doubt it. I tribute
her good health to her diet. This diet will keep their immune
system functioning at its fullest. Feed it to all your cats. See
catinfo.org and
catnutrition.org. Low stress is also key to good health.

As for the vomiting, I would almost guarantee this diet will cure that. 5
or 6 years of vomiting can wreak havoc on a cats health. You didn't mention
what you were feeding them. Dry food? That may be the culprit with the
vomiting. Could be he is allergic to something in the food, or if it
contains grains, that could be the culprit. Cats cannot digest
grains...period. That is why lots of cats vomit on a regular basis. Yes,
get your negative vaccinated every year as long as he doesn't have a
reaction to it. I would definitely keep him after being re-homed so many
times. Just my 2 cents...Good luck with your kitties!

Tracey (in Indiana)