 From: GRAS <g...@optonline.net>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2012 5:29 PM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] S'Matter & Quigley

I lost another one today – I am totally drained. Preston, who was blind and
declawed, found abandoned in September in a rural area in CT, has been with us
all this time, looking for a home. He finally had a home to go to tomorrow.  I
had been treating him for CRF and while I was giving him fluids last night, I
noticed that he breathed in an odd way…I thought that I heard a sort-of
rattling in his lungs when I carried him.  He always purred and made cookies
(happy feet) on his beloved fleece blanket…I decided to get him checked out one
more time before he was to leave tomorrow.  X-rays were taken – huge mass in
his lungs, fluids drained were yellow and red, and he started fading fast.  We
rushed back to the hospital, and held him while he was euthanized….Natalie