Thanks for relating your experience, Sally. That link might come in handy, too.
I wish we had more to go on than anecdotes, though. It seems like there haven't
been that many studies done to confirm what treatments work best. I'm
considering:

ImmunoRegulin
Virbagen Omega
LTCI
Neupogen

I don't know if I can afford Neupogen, and when I talked to my vet about it,
she seemed uncertain. It has a reputation for causing bone pain, and if I can
help it, I don't want to give Ember something that makes her miserable.

Virbagen Omega is expensive, but I know (roughly) how much it costs, and it's
worth it to me if it can help Ember. There seems to have been some success in
its use. Unfortunately, it still doesn't seem to be available here, and
shipping is a good chunk of its cost.

LTCI and ImmunoRegulin seem affordable and potentially useful. When I was last
looking into these options, there wasn't much evidence to support LTCI's
benefits. It seems to have become more accepted over the last few years, but
I'm still feeling cautious about it.

I'll do a more thorough scan of the list's archives soon, and I'm going to call
a few vets tomorrow.

Lance