Someone sent me some to blend with her Cormo wool.  This was the natural
color and we tried blending it at 10, 20 and 30%.  The 10% added some luster
and silkiness to the wool, and didn't change the color much.  The 20% gave
it a warm, creamy color and added a lot of sheen.  At 30%, I had trouble
getting it through the carding machine, and it made a big difference in the
color.  I liked the feeling of all 3 blends, but the 10 and 20% are probably
the best, depending on the skill of the spinner.  It is definitely different
from regular silk!  When blending it, I found it best to pull it into as
small pieces as you can, then picking it with a small amount of wool really
helped to get an even blend.

Has anyone seen the bleached soy silk??
Belinda Morgan
Ewe Gotta Love 'Em
Fiber Processing and Matilda Sheep Covers
15800 Stringtown Rd. S.E.
Dayton, Oregon  97114-8024
(503)864-3008
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail