> Someone sent me some to blend with her Cormo wool.  This was the natural
> color and we tried blending it at 10, 20 and 30%.  The 10% added some ....

> Has anyone seen the bleached soy silk??
> Belinda Morgan

That someone is me and I like the blend so much that I ordered a whole bunch
of the bleached directly from China.  It is floating somewhere along the
coast of CA so I should be able to tell you about it next week.  So far I've
only seen pictures of the bleached top.  I just love the way Belinda's
Cormo/Soy roving spins.  I was determined to get small skein spun and a
swatch knitted so I could put some pictures on my web site but I've gotten
side tracked again. The first shearing day is fast approaching and I'm
frantically mending sheep coats and clearing out the shop to make room for
the new fleeces. I wonder if the reason that the soy fiber works so well
with wool is because it is also a protein fiber so at least the chemical if
not the physical characteristics are similar.  It is nice that they have
similar tolerances to heat and pH.

Sue

Cormo Sheep & Wool Farm   http://www.cwo.com/~reuser
Sue Reuser
7311 Lindsay Ave.
Orland, CA 95963
(530) 865-0255
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail