Well,  you can count on someone like a soldier to appreciate something
handmade and useable!  lol.  And that teacher!  Oy Vey!  Not only a poor
educator, she certainly wasn't doing anything for the child's self image, or
respect for you!!

When I spin, or knit, in public here, a lot of people think it's 'neat', some
people think it is crazy, putting so much effort into something you can buy
cheap, and already done.  But, you pay cheap, you get cheap.  I hardly pay
anything for the fibers that go into my works (not because they are 'cheap',
just raw.  Compared to what you would pay for a finished, natural fiber item,
or even just the yarn, raw fibers are way less expensive!), most of the 'cost'
is in the time and labor to get from critter to finished.  But the meditative
qualities, the satisfaction of having my child or hubby wearing something I
made for them, and the sheer love of playing with the critters and/or the
fibers is enough 'pay' for me.  Let alone the health benifits of wearing
natural fibers vs. synthetics, which I think Holly can agree with me on, lol.
I HATE syntetic anything, lol.

Before I learned to knit, I didn't have a clue how techincal it really is, or
can be rather.  But, I never dreamed I would be doing what I do now!  I still
shy away from the math parts of it, if I can get away with it, but it is
slowly stretching my mind and I am getting the intellectual beneifits from it
as well, lol.Kim
http://www.blessedfarm.com
http://www.Blessedfarm.etsy.com ~ my online fiber shop!

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail