The tension box is sleyed, threaded, and sleyed again. The problem regarding that was tensioning the threads going *into* it from the balls of yarn. (And before someone freaks about that, I don't *have* 48 cones of 8/2 cotton, nor do I have *any* bobbins for the rack. My solution was to wind 1.2 ounces of 8/2 cotton over each of 48 toilet paper rolls. The thread is pulling off the outside of each ball. Is it perfect? No, but it's working acceptably. I keep tape handy to tape down any spots on the top of each roll that are catching the threads.)

The cotton string used for the warp extension cords is tightly twisted and apparently unbalanced, so each has twisted around its partner, creating a 'single' cord about 1/8 inch in diameter. They came with the loom, and I don't feel I can go and change everything that came with it, as the owner might want it back again. Her last warp was 8 epi alpaca for throws, which probably can sit on top of these cords with much less worry about tension.

I didn't use the word 'sloppy' in the sense of loose, but in the sense of overall not acceptably neat and tidy like my usual warping.

DH thinks he got the counter working again. I don't know if I'll try warping again today, as the racks block the area between the kitchen and bedroom/bathroom and the rest of the house. I'd rather not have a male bumbling around while trying to warp this loom :) But I will probably at least start one section (again!) to see if the counter really will work while he's here to troubleshoot.

Holly

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail