I live in Seattle, I don't usually like to wait 3 days for fleece to dry....that's how long it takes if I don't spin the water out in the washer. In the winter, it can take longer, I don't have room to dry fleece in the heated part of the house. If you have good hot water, and your fleece is in a bag, it shouldn't hurt your washer at all. Lanolin is not like other grease, it is water soluble. As long as you don't let it cool too long, and spin the water out while it's still warm, no "grease" will stay in the washer works. Even if it does, the next wash will get it out, since the soap will re-dissolve it. My husband is a former appliance repairman, and he didn't have a problem with me using the washer for this.

It's been a long time since I've had to wash a 10 lb Romney fleece in a 5 gal bucket, but I'm about to have to do it again! At least my new washer will spin the water out for me, even though it is too sophisticated to do a soak in hot water only, it insists on adding cold.

Lynn C

Layl Horton wrote:
 Here in Arizona, it doesn't take long to dry. Layl

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail