I'll second Nancy.
Sometimes these strong likes and dislikes are based on the experiences of
"advanced beginners" who are sort of adept at spinning, but are not yet
skilled to the point of "just doing it".
The longer you spin, the less the wheel matters - like driving a stick shift
car - once you REALLY learn it you never again think about shifting, it just
is part of moving the vehicle forward.
When I teach someone, I first observe how they attempt to hold things
instinctively and build on those motions to develop a spinning technique
that they are comfy with - rather than predefined "drafting techniques" and
splitting roving and park and draft, etc.
I'd go so far to say that any popular brand name spinning wheel is going to
make nice yarn. Most of them are built so that they are comfy for a wide
range of body sizes. It may be easier to make softly spun yarn on a Scotch
or Irish tension wheel, but you can also do it on a double drive after
you've had enough experience. And the opposite would be just as true.
Jerry Jensen once remarked, as I was playing with his great wheel at a show
"You and a few others know its not the wheel, but the spinner who makes good
yarn."

Sara von Tresckow, Fond du Lac, WI
sa...@powercom.net

http://www.woolgatherers.com Dutch Master Loom/Spinning Chairs/Öxabäck