Ok I admit I overstated the stopping thing with the scotch tension.  I spun
a bobbin of yarn at a meeting on my lendrum upright and the flyer goes
around about 4 times if I stop treadling. Not quite stropping dead, but
nothing to write home about.  there may be ways to improve the resistance,
but I have not really bothered a lot, because this is my plying wheel,
traveling wheel, and with the big flyer, it is pretty good at unplying
commercial rug yarn.

As pointed out it is unfair to compare it with my 30" Marie, but my guess is
that my Ashford Traddy double drive would do better as well. (assuming lack
of resistance to spinning is a good thing; I am not sure everyone agrees
with this)  Course my husband put a bronze bearing in the traddy wheel
bearing, and we replaced the flyer bearings with leather made from sole
leather scraps from the shoe repair place.  I am a big fan of smooth
spinning and think both changes improved the little traddy a lot.
Nancy