OK confessions of a wheel collector....  I don't smoke, don't do drugs, don't
play the ponies so this is my treat.    I have 14 wheels at the moment (and we
just sheared so between the wheels and 120 pounds of fleece in the living room
- there is NO room left in the house for people).   I teach spinning so a bunch
of the wheels are for that purpose.
The rest are there because  it is easier to change wheels than bobbins!  Try
it, you'll like it!
Seriously, it is a luxury but it is nice to have several projects going at once
on different wheels.  I have learned that it is important to label everything
though or else you lose track of which white fleece that yarn really came
from...

For my own use, I have a double drive Baynes for taking places like spin ins
and Colonial reenactments.  I use that one mostly for a variety of yarns and
small projects because it has a built in lazy Kate and is really easy to move
around and not fussy about climate and how level the floor is.  I use my
upright Reeves for bigger projects - when I am doing a bunch of yarn that must
be uniform.  Spins beautifully but it is a heavy wheel and I don't like to haul
it to classes or across parking lots and it wants a level floor so it mostly
moves around the house and onto the patio and porch. Then there are my darling
wheels - a cherry DD saxony by Wilson with a weighted wheel - it just flys when
it gets going! And the apple of my eye is a tiger maple Reeves DD Saxony from
his own collection.   He made 3 of them and it is the most beautiful wheel I
ever saw.   The first time I saw it it was under the  Md sheep and wool auction
tent.  I was transfixed by its beauty and then the wind blew and the wheel went
around all by itself from the breeze.   It was saying to me "take me home" ...I
fell for it.  And still love it.  It weighs a ton and basically stays in one
place.
I also have a smallish  great wheel which really is fun to spin on.  I have
never made anything substantial on it, mostly just play with it - but I plan on
spinning some nice hard and fine sock yarn on it.
Julie

This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary,
privileged and/or private information. The information is intended to be for
the use of the individual or entity designated above. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately, and
delete the message and any attachments. Any disclosure, reproduction,
distribution or other use of this message or any attachments by an individual
or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited.