A friend of mine would spin a certain small amount of wool and figure
the time it took her to spin that many ounces.  She could then spin
the yarn as time permitted, weigh it and figure the hourly amount
based on her sample.  So if it took her an hour to spin 2 oz. finished
and she wanted $X amount an hour and she spun 8 oz, she could take her
hourly amount times 4 and come up with the the labor part and then add
on the cost of the materials.  Hope this makes some sense.

Jean Inda
jeani...@gmail.com

On Apr 9, 2010, at 12:20 PM, gschamel wrote:

> > to protect the investment of your time... I would go with an
> hourly rate ...
>
> This can be a good idea if you're quite accustomed to
> production spinning and have a good, consistent spinning rate.
> But if you're just starting to set up a business of spinning
> for hire, I think an hourly rate sounds much more
> advantageous for the spinner than for the customer. That's
> probably not a good way to get customers.
>
> Gwen S.
>
> --
> reply to: gwe...@xmission.com

<*> Your email settings: