Sorry to take so long to respond, we've been
lambing the last 10 days and I swear we're having
in one year all the problems we never had before!
  Including a ewe Zack jugged with her twins, then
gave corn like he always does (I always said we
should wait a couple days so as not to stimulate
too much milk production, but he does things his
own way).  Result:  she literally inhaled some
corn and started to cough and gag.  She seemed
better, and we sheared her the next day, but that
afternoon she was dead, and we had a pair of
bottle babies.

We *almost* managed to graft them onto a ewe who
also had twins just after we found the dead mom -
we rolled the orphans and put them in with the
newborns.  She actually did let the orphans nurse
a few times, but within 24 hours was butting them
both away.  Fortunately, we have more buyers for
bottle babies than babies to sell, so 2 hours
after I put the word out via email, they were off
our hands, to be pets for a little girl :)

Anyway, my thanks to all for the responses on
pricing handspun yarn.  I found it interesting
that no one mentioned the preparation of the
fiber, in the sense of whether working from roving
or top, and what quality of roving.  I've seen
some really awful stuff folks wanted spun :)

And it's also interesting, the dichotomy between
charging by the yard vs by the finished weight.
In the US, at least, the vast majority of yarns
are sold by weight, yet for handspinners the usual
recommendation is to price by the yard.  Not
saying there's anything good or bad about either,
just noting the difference.

Thanks again for all the responses, I appreciate it!

Holly