At 02:12 PM 7/4/02 -0400, David W. Fenton wrote:
>Unfortunately, no, but I really think the problem is with the printer
>font vs. soft font thing.

Gosh. This is so tricky. Some of us have fought with Postscript quirks for
a long time!

If you have a printer Postscript dialog with the following two options
(usually only in Distiller, though), then "Embed All Fonts" and "Subset
Fonts Under 99%" (effectively the same thing, but for some reason, both
seem to work best). Be sure your Postscript dialog *knows* where the fonts
reside on your system.

If the printer dialog doesn't have these (making sure you're using the
final printer driver that your graphic artist is using), at least uncheck
the "substitute printer fonts where applicable" box.

For myself, I'd go with high-res graphics for these applications, unless
you're working on your own system. There are just so many &#($&*@%
variables when working long-distance with Postscript. Is there an option
for your graphics designer to use Finale Notepad, and (using your sample,
say, TIFF graphics to locate the sections) output the information in a
condition that works best?

Dunno. I've just stuck high-res graphics in place for bits of a page!

Dennis