On 5 Jul 2002, at 18:20, Johannes Gebauer wrote:

> On 05.07.2002 17:50 Uhr, David W. Fenton wrote
>
> > I'm having problems with the basic music fonts not printing out. The
> > problem is clearly that the fonts are *not* being saved in the EPS file,
> > because when I SAVE AS EPS, the fonts get properly embedded and it works,
> > as opposed to when I export a graphic as EPS, which is what I need to do,
> > since I don't know how to get rid of the white space on the page that
> > would result from exporting the musical examples one page at a time.
>
> Perhaps I am now going to suggest something that is clear or has been tried,
> but in the Mac version there is a checkbox to include fonts when exporting
> EPS files, did you check that?

It's checked by default, and I've never unchecked it.

I just tried the same thing from my other computer, the one that the
printer is actually attached to, and the fonts get embedded with the EPS
export, but I get a PS error:

  ERROR: undefined
  OFFENDING COMMAND: Pscript_WinNT_Min

It's WinFin97, so it's absolutely ancient, and on NT 4, the installer
installs the 16-bit version, so maybe that's why things are not working
there.

The user who is actually going to be doing this has a simpler setup than
mine (no network, though it is an NT 4 PC, but it's also a post-2000
version of Finale), so I'm hoping things go better there.

I suspect I'm wasting my time mucking around with this on my home system
as the problems I'm having may not exist on the journal editor's system.
Or she may have a different set of problems!

--
David W. Fenton                         |        http://www.bway.net/~dfenton
David Fenton Associates                 |        http://www.bway.net/~dfassoc