At 10:42 PM 7/5/02 +0200, Patrick Hubers wrote:
>If you're printing directly from Finale only, there's no reason to prefer a
>PS printer, no. However, if you need to print proofs of material that will
>eventually be rendered by a high resolution typesetter, like a DTP document
>with embedded Finale EPS files, then a PS printer gives you the advantage
>of using the same resolution independent files for both proofs and final
>output.

Are you saying that any PS printer are supposed to provide the same output
as any other? Then why do I always have to compose to the correct PS driver
in Pagemaker and other apps? It definitely does *not* look the same on
different PS printers I've had to use. I always have to install the driver
first and compose to it, or pages are incorrect at output. I mostly use
ECRM Mako, but also IBM InfoColor 70 InfoPrint 4000 for POD work.

Dennis