> On Oct 6, 2016, at 10:19 AM, Jack Howarth <howarth.at.f...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Chris,
>      I've posted packaging for libncursesw6-6.0-1 and ncurses6-6.0-1 to fink
> tracking...
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/fink/package-submissions/4803/
>
> as well as an update to libncursesw5-5.9-20110507-2 to make it aware of
> libncursesw6.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/fink/package-submissions/4804/
>
> The only part that I am concerned about is that handling of the overlapping
> files between the ncurses and ncurses6 packages as both are marked as
> Essential. So far, simply appending ncurses to the Replaces field in the
> ncurses6 packages seems to be sufficient to handle that issue.
>            Jack

There’s no reason to have a libncursesw6 package. Just have one libncurses6
package that always uses wide chars and have it C/R with regular ncurses. I
posted packages to my experimental cvs dir quite a while ago and asked for
opinions but nothing came of it. There’s also newer versions available. Most
recent version is
http://invisible-mirror.net/archives/ncurses/current/ncurses-6.0-20161001.tgz.
Packages are at
http://fink.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/fink/experimental/danielj/