On Fri, 3 Feb 2006, Martin Costabel wrote:
Chris Zubrzycki wrote:
[]
What's this? I don't have any /usr/lib/mysql/. As a result, all the mysql stuff is not built in my case, which avoids your errors. In the configure summary, I see

      MySQL = no

Where did you get this from?

Does OS X Server maybe have this? or else it's 3rd party install.

Indeed, I see it on a server, where it is installed by ServerEssentials.pkg and by MacOSXServerUpdate10.4.3.pkg. So our future build farm will need both OSX server and OSX client machines..

OK...so I uncovered something useful (maybe), and, I seem to have two (possible) problems:

1. as luck would have it, I last grabbed the latest version of Xcode tools one day before the current latest was released (so I have 5247 instead of 5250). I will fix this, but maybe not before Tuesday when I'm back in front of my server box...

2. building on server it tries to include mysql, and that didn't get debugged yet...?

...which means that 1. may not be quite so urgent. Let me know if/when you'd like me to give it another try.

One more question...I'm using this server as a deb server for my client machines...will it cause problems to have this built against mysql which the clients don't have?

Many thanks,
-- Viv