On Sep 1, 2009, at 06:06 , Jack Howarth wrote:

>     My guess would be that you could be suffering from bad blocks
> on your drive. If you have AppleCare, you can use the free TechTool
> Deluxe that they provide to scan for those. As for deleting that
> file, read the article at...
>
> http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20061109235901299\
>
> as they mention this file, I believe...
>
>     Entourage data Spotlight may not properly search Entourage data
> under some circumstances. There are a few fixes for this issue:
>
>         * Open Entourage's preferences and press "rebuild" under
> Spotlight Preferences
>         * Restart and wait a few minutes while Spotlight indexes
> the new data.
>         * Move the files "Microsoft Entourage.mdimporter" and
> Microsoft "Office.mdimporter" from /Library/Spotlight to ~/Library/
> Spotlight and then use the following command in the Terminal (the
> Terminal is located in Applications/Utilities): mdimport ~/Library/
> Caches/Metadata/Microsoft/Entourage/2004

        Eduardo already said that he uninstalled Office some years ago, and
may not wish to reinstall it to go through this procedure.  I would
say that these two files didn't come with the OS, and therefore the
OS shouldn't miss them if they are deleted.

Using a rusty Amiga 4000T, a shiny PowerMac G5, & a homebuilt Ubuntu box

We are healed from suffering only by experiencing it to the full.