On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 11:47 PM, Stefan Bruda <ste...@bruda.ca> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> At 19:49 -0400 on 2016-6-1 Jack Howarth wrote:
>  >
>  > Can you try building the packaging posted on fink tracker at
>  > https://sourceforge.net/p/fink/package-submissions/4663/ and see if
>  > that helps? This packaging addresses the 'missing sentinel in
>  > function call' warnings, which according to
>  >
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2407605/c-warning-missing-sentinel-in-function-call
>  > can cause memory issues.
>
> Using this version does not fix the issue at hand.  Progress bars and
> other such widgets all cause XEmacs to crash.  For what it is worth,
> the very same version of XEmacs with the very same init runs fine on
> several Linux boxes with the same or newer version of the Xorg server.

Stefan,
    So I assume you are talking about using extensions to emacs like
https://github.com/Malabarba/spinner.el/blob/master/README.org rather than
just the stock configuration? If so, it might be worth installing MacPorts
(using their binary repo) and trying their xemacs. Both of our packages are
based on the 21.4.22 release whereas many of the linux releases are based
on newer development snapshots of xemacs. Note that MacPorts tried to
switch to those but backed off to the 21.4.22 release for stability.
           Jack