http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/crime/guncrime/index.html

Contrary to public perception, the overall level of gun crime in this country is relatively low – less than half of 1% of all crime recorded by the police – and in the year ending 31 March 2003, there was:

  • a 16% reduction in homicides involving firearms
  • a 13% reduction in robberies involving firearms

Even so, we have seen an unacceptable rise in gun crime over recent years, and are doing everything we can to tackle it.