Hi all,

Thanks for the replies and comments.

> Vince, FB 3 snapshot is already available for download, so you can
> check it by yourself (and if so, please report the results here).

I have V3 running on a much smaller VM, just to test if my stress tests
run at all - short answer : they don't :-) The DB is a Dialect 1 with a
lot of legacy rubbish.

I will certainly update the tests in order to get them to run properly on
V3, and will report back. The big box is earmarked as a production server,
so I won't have access for long, but I will make a plan. I should be able
to run both 2.5 and 3 on the same box?

Vince

> Actually, with such "heavy" server, I think you can help the
> "Project" a lot with FB 3 tests. Personally, I got "weird" results
> using FB 3 in my notebook (4 cores, 2 real and 2 HT and 8GB RAM) and
> TPC-C tests. The same tests showed much better results (at last 10x
> better) in a quad core desktop (this time, 4 real cores but only 4GB
> RAM). Nobody was able to explain why such big difference.
> Interesting that the performance was similar in both machines when
> appeared when "using" the database.

believed to be clean.