19.04.2017 16:35, Dimitry Sibiryakov wrote:
> 19.04.2017 14:12, Vlad Khorsun wrote:
>>     It give nothig to readers
>
>     Not quite so. When array binding used with select, client can send
> request for new
> packet before it start tossing record values into user buffers and this way
> work in
> parallel with server and network, reducing total wait time.

   And it does it already for a many years when fetching records in a batch
(default mode)

>>     Engine can't run more than one statement in attachment at same time.
>> This will not be
>> changed.
>
>     But engine can implicitly start new attachment and derived transaction to
> run this
> parallel statement and get the same result without need for application
> developer to
> explicitly care about it.

   Sure, it also could start new connection at applicatin side to have new
channel for
delivering data. It also could process that data.

>>     So - no, this features have no advantage over parallel readers.
>
>     On the other hand parallel reader also have no advantages over these
> features and I
> don't see other tasks which they can be better for.

   We speak about parallel readers. If you want to speak about something else -
no problem,
start another thread and don't spam this one.

Vlad

PS Ah, almost forget: also, engine could make an array of cup's of coffee for
you ...
    asynchronously, of course ;)