>    Could you explain, please ?

Sure. There's a part of our system that reads data and sends these over
the internet. Given the deployments on the customer side the internet is
often very very slow (<100kBps sometimes), so we decided to not keep
transaction open, but do it repeatedly in bacches (there are other
requirements, I don't want to go into too much details). Being able to
start next transaction, basically, from the point where the previous
left would be so convenient and remove a lot of hacks we have in place
right now.

--
Mgr. Jiří Činčura
https://www.tabsoverspaces.com/