Dmitry Yemanov wrote 11.10.2021 18:24:
It's possible to create up to 253 tablespaces.

   Two ID's is reserved for DEFAULT and TEMPORARY tablespaces, correct ?
I would reserve some more ID's for future system usage. I don't see it as
limitation for end users.

For regular tablespaces (created explicitly) - sure. But if we think about automatically created partitions, even 253 tablespaces may become a sad limit.

PageSpaceID currently defined as USHORT and in index root page there is no point to increase size of irp_repeat in any case it will be expanded by four bytes. Besides, proposed RDB$NAMESPACE_ID is SMALLINT. So why this limits is so low?

--
  WBR, SD.