On 23-10-2021 14:04, Tony Whyman wrote:
I have been testing out the scrollable cursors API and working with the example employee database. What I am seeing is that scrollable cursors only seem to work with local databases and not remote databases. Is this true? There seems to be nothing in the release notes to suggest this.

I am doing a simple test, using 'Select * from EMPLOYEE order by EMP_NO' as the query string and calling OpenCursor with CURSOR_TYPE_SCROLLABLE.

If I open the database with the connect string "employee" then FetchPrior etc all seem to work OK. If, instead, I use the connect string inet://localhost/employee, then I get a "Feature not supported" error message with calling FetchPrior (FetchNExt still works).

I see the same behaviour with Firebird 3.0.5 and 4.0.0.

Yes, scrollable cursor have not been implemented in the wire protocol. I'm not sure why not.

Mark Rotteveel