On 2021-10-27 09:55, Dmitry Yemanov wrote:
23.10.2021 17:13, Mark Rotteveel wrote:

If record buffering is hard, it could have been done **without** it. Then it would have been the choice of the user whether it is worth the performance implications or not.

So you consider acceptable that forward-only usage of scrollable
cursors is 10x slower than for regular cursors? Personally, I consider
it hard to explain.

Yes, I think that is perfectly acceptable for an initial version. Scrollable cursors are a bit of an oddity anyway, but having scrollable cursors in embedded access, but not in remote access is IMHO less acceptable than bad performance. As long as the performance behaviour is clearly documented, people can make the decision if the bad performance is worth the utility of scrollable cursors for themselves.